Jun 12, 2010

Belated Recipe Friday: Caesar Vinaigrette


This is a simple salad dressing mixture that I learned from a friend of my mothers when I was a kid. I use this dressing on a bowl of leafy romaine with homemade garlic bread croutons. I make this dressing very "garlicy", if you prefer less garlic please reduce the amount of garlic to your taste as my recipe packs a garlic punch!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Zest of half a lemon 
5 large cloves freshly minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Anchovy Paste
2 Tbsp. Bleu Cheese
1 Tsp. Salt
Mix all the ingredients with a whisk or fork. The zest of a lemon can be substituted with ready lemon juice. Anchovy paste is used in place of actual anchovy from the can as I have a friend who doesn't care for the bits of anchovy to be visible in the dressing. If you choose to use a can of anchovy, drain the oil and paste the anchovy slightly with a fork.

No comments: