Nov 19, 2009

Two more days and a taste of the good life.

I am über excited about having next week off from my lacluster "job"! I have so many ideas for new pieces I want to create and new found interests in polymer clay, resin, and knitting. In planning for that highly anticipated week I bought a lot of polymer clay during a BOGO sale, and some findings for jewelry pieces. I was hoping to purchase some knitting needles and yarn but I had no clue where to start. What needles to buy, what gauge yarn! Needless to say that endeavor will have to wait.

So I have spent the last week compiling notes, pictures, making to do list and things of that sort so that there is a bit of order in my obsessive compulsive world. I have to rank what is most important to me to accomplish during that week or I will do everything half way and never finish it. At the top of my list is making a polymer clay pendant with delicate flower petals and maybe glass beads placed in their centers. This was the inspiration for this goal....


Next goal is  to hammer out some sterling silver for earrings and pendants. Then hopefully to sew the curtains for our bedroom. The street light just blinds me at 2 in the morning and I think  its 6am. After I have a "oh my god I am going to be so late" heart attack, I realize its only 2 am but by that time I am wide awake and telling myself for the tenth time to make curtains already!Then my final goal is to bake 'till I can't bake any more. I have a recipe for French Toast Cupcakes and Cherry Cola Chocolate Cake. The French Toast Cupcakes will have cream cheese frosting and will be sprinkled with bacon. Odd but right up my ally.

On the list of non-creative goals is to watch "Twighlight New Moon", read "Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil" for the third time (love that book!) and to spend time with family of course. Ahhh a week to taste the good life!

!!****** Oh, keep in mind that I will be running great sales in our Etsy shop and Artifre studio the week I am off which is Thanksgiving week (11/23-11/27). The best sales will be on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Visit us at www.shapedbyhand.etsy.com and www.artfire.com/users/Shapedbyhand*******!!

"The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life." ~ Anne Morriss

No comments: